Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 25 February 2010

Walking the dog



It is at weekends when my husband and I like to take the dog for an extended walk. It is not always what she wants (small parenthesis here to explain she is an adored, spoilt, large and slothful Lab whose favourite place is a bed or a sofa preferably snoring away and if that is not possible eating anything.)
Having come from the land of Swiss wanderwegs ( walks to you and me ) this is the one thing I miss more than anything else. The chance to walk out in the open and to regroup my thoughts, to be observant of nature and to breathe the fresh air.
We were determined to re create what we could of these walks here so we found a wooded area not far from where we live which is our central park/ hyde park - no better actually, because this area is quite densely wooded. It seems to sprawl for miles and if you climb to one of the little hillocks you get views of suburbia and possibly Qutb Minar. I believe it is called Sanjay Van and this is where we go.

My husband, who is known for his ability to explore extensively one day decided to take a right fork soon after entering the park so straying from the broad footpaths you see above.This is what we found and it makes my heart bleed. It need not be a river of plastic or an open sewer but I just wonder when the realisation sinks in that these are places to be valued and preserved will it be too late for this forest ?

2 comments:

  1. It is such a shame. I find this happens all over Delhi. Even the Amar Colony furniture market has such a waste site. It is a matter of education and they must start with the younger children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes lets hope they do this before it is too late. Love MM

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)