Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 February 2010

A salad of Seasons

I never thought I would be sitting in India loving listening to the noise of the rain on metal outside. I never quite saw the monsoon this year and I suspect a lot of others feel the same way and since I have been here it has rained only once. Hence the "talcum powder traces" in my previous blog.
The earth is so thin, nothing to hold on to, nothing to cling to, it just disappears in a puff of dust.
So the rain falling out there is wonderful and refreshing and will at least uncover the true colour or foliage delhi wide and give earth an anchor.
There is however something I dont quite follow here - in Europe after a hot summer, the leaves turn and fall off the trees. In winter all is barren. Then in spring plants and flowers come out and that is what I thought was happening when I posted all the flowers in my garden in my last blog.  Here after a hot summer and what seems to be an autumn, nothing happens, winter comes and almost goes and now the leaves start to fall.Is this how it is ?
Autumn after winter or is it spring before winter ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)