Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Normality - the new and old.

This week marks a return to some form of normality. Which one I hear you ask ? Is this the one before Covid hit or the one subsequent to it? To be honest I am not sure what the answer is. We were all rushing to the end of the year and for good reason, almost as if it was the year that was to blame and once that was gone so would all the problems. It has been hard. But its end sadly does not miraculously solve the issues it has thrown up and at the moment the early days of 2021 seems frighteningly like 2020, and in some parts of the world worse then ever. So learning to adapt will be a major lesson of 2021. Seems like the new year will be a mix, there will be the comfort of the old with the challenge of the new. So today I was off to the radio for the first time since before Xmas and this is what I saw out of the window. A bush with a smiley face and dandelions so tall following the rains. It was lovely to see colleagues and to read the news - my favourite article today was reading out how clever octopuses are. 

Did you know they had nine brains ?

https://adelaideonlinenews.com.au/octopuses-are-amazing-survivors-here-are-some-of-the-tricks-they-use-to-help-them-stay-alive-abc-news/


I got home to this little bijoux flower arrangement courtesy of my hubby. Not just a sourdough baker, a honey maker but a home decorator - I knew he was a keeper! Its just taken a while for all the alternative talents to surface and now, I suspect, they are here to stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)