Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Australia Day 2021

Waking up to a cloudless sky in Brisbane and about 31C- the wishes are coming in and the insta stories. BBQs and beach parties all in celebration of Australia Day today. A continent I barely knew, nor planned to visit and yet here I am. Australia has taken me in and I have found my happy place. Its not so much Happy Australia Day as Happy in Australia Day. It ticks all my boxes and continues to do so. It keeps me keen, challenged, relaxed and happy and you can see why when they choose an Kangaroo and an Emu for their national emblem. Nothing too serious, fun and nature loving. All of a sudden I walk past them in the neighbourhood and I stand in awe. 

A work of love for sure and one which would have been a visual treat for us all had it not been for the parked cars on the road. I visited at different times of the day and those damned cars were always parked there. Perhaps they were the owners cars so I could have knocked on the door and asked him to move them but instead I just took angles of the kangaroo and the emu which were perfect in their topiary and I shall be back to capture that moment another time because guess what, I am not going anywhere. Australia is where I want to be.






2 comments:

  1. Dear Mezze Moments

    I wish you a happy new year, you and your family good health
    The world needs worthy active citizens like you, who are a note of consolation and bring a sense of well-being to the blog visitors.
    Congratulations on the work you have done on the blog, its very nice aesthetics, and the beauty of your soul that is reflected through it.
    Listen to this song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s48ZZEXNnXY




    god give
    to end the pandemic
    good continuation in your very important work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. Marina

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)