Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 29 January 2021

Discoveries with Dougall 29 with a hot Brush Turkey in pursuit.

And we are back - yes Discoveries with Dougall is starting up again but let me first set the scene. The children are now back in school for the beginning of a new academic year. Its still hard for me to get my head around this start date even after some years. The families are no longer in the parks and the bikers have either arrived at their destination or have stopped for a cool drink. It's the middle of the day and though only 31C it is still quite hot and the only people out here are mad dogs (read Dougall) and Cypriot women (read me). It feels liberating. After a weekend with Gordon, the adorable Labradoodle I looked after, it was as if Dougall was conscious he needed to get into my good books again. He was perfect, did not pull or drool or knock me over. I can only be grateful and exhale in appreciation. The paths were wonderfully empty and so were the streets. We ruled the roost and loved it. We came across weird wild fungi - yellow butterflies, hot pink gum tree flowers and a mad brush turkey which would not stop following us. We think it was looking for a mate, but Dougall was a swipe left. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)