Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 4 October 2020

On this ordinary day

 The leader of the so called free world gets Covid. 

My neighbour is harvesting his coffee beans from his coffee bushes and is in the process of making coffee. He promised me some after he roasts them. I am impressed. It was lovely to see him and his daughter sitting cross legged in the garden shelling the beans with a great big brick. Here are the skins. Talk about real efforts in sustainable living. Here is one of them. Just teaching the kids what's involved is another. If you haven't seen David Attenborough's witness Statement A life on our planet, please make time for it. 

The pool is still a wondrous purple with all the jacaranda blossom falling but what I want to share is the sound each blossom makes hitting the pool cover. It is like a raindrop falling. 



So from this very ordinary day with some extraordinary things happening I know which one I want to keep tucked in a corner of my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)