Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Discoveries with Dougall 26 - and Making an Entrance.

Ok so I know my hair is according to Jane dip dyed, signifying nothing truly deterministic,  my T shirt is about 100 years old and my shorts have slipped down on my hips so I look as if I have a muffin top. The fronts are covered with Dougall's slobber and my legs have got mud all over them. He offered to take a photo and that is so rare in my life I just had to go for it. 

The story is that Dougall and I were walking in the neighbourhood when I was drawn to something looking supremely blue... We walked up and this is what we saw. It is magnificent and Dougall and I sat in awe outside it for a while. Then the owner of the house appeared. I asked if it was Ok for me to take a photograph. He immediately agreed and told me this is Petrea Volubilis, aka Queen's Wreath or Fleur de Dieu. Oh mon Dieu you can see how that arose can't you. After chatting for a while he offered to take a photo of Dougall and me. I could not very well say hang on I am just going to nip home, brush my hair change my clothes and put some make up on could I ? So we made an entrance  just as we were. Here it is in its full glory and no apologies for the slobber. Capturing the moment is what it is all about!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)