Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 7 September 2018

From MM to DD


So I have risen to the elevated status of Dumpster Diver according to my lovely Aussie neighbour Russ. Last week a house up the road was being cleared to make room for renovations and new tenants. A skip sat outside it. As I walked past, Russ came out from behind it with a sheepish grin on his face. He loves rummaging around in skips. The news is that so do I. I stopped and looked into this overflowing metal container of a life, and this beautiful mosaic flower pot caught my eye. Look at those dragonflies, aren't they magnificent?





I looked right into the bottom and saw a metal frame which looked beautiful. 
"Russ" I said, "I want that" - doesn't it look wonderful". It took him several hours of adjusting all the stuff in there, pulling out what he needed before he could get to the one I wanted but he managed it in the end and here it is in all its glory. He even found the granite top that goes with it which is in my favourite colour. This is the bottom of a Singer sewing machine with beautiful iron work which will be topped with the granite. And just to add to my joy a second one was retrieved as well which is German and holds the image of a little bearded man on the side and the name Wertheim Frankfurt. 
So my list of names grows longer - Baju, the garden sweeper, Mangoes, the Marvellous Aunt, and now Dumpster Diver extraordinaire. The key to a long and happy life is clearly having several personas all merrily co existing. Time for a little celebration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)