Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 August 2018

My preferred vantage point.



Its been a lovely week and weekend. As the new one starts I sit at my desk. There above me is a Campari and Soda bottle carefully brought back from Italy in the summer, bearing wild orchids now, the kind that Brisbane gardens seem to have an abundance of, and just behind, my Birthday card from George. There on the corner of my desk, one step up from the orchids,  my African mama and papa, memories of an early married life, but also my Cypriot idol from some 3000 BC. This is my preferred place, my recurring vantage and one I am so fond of, writing and reading at my walnut desk, also a birthday present from Geneva days. On the other side a hand thrown ceramic bowl with an "M" motif, Gs creation, and a very old painted pot with visible signs of age and beauty carrying pens and pencils, an early gift from one of my first and dearest friends at University, Sophie Day. Moving around the world as we have done has meant that sometimes your nearest and dearest are elsewhere and this can be difficult and quite lonely at times. A quick glance up or a lingering look and they are never very far. This is the way to have them always by your side, looking up to them for renewal, remembrance and making relevant all that happens every moment of the passing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)