Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 21 August 2015

En plein air

On my run yesterday I saw a young man had set up his easel and his paints and was busy painting the bridge which I pass every day. I ran past with a quick nod but on my way back I stopped to talk to him, admire his painting, and ask a little about him. He lives locally and normally heads off to the bush to do most of his paintings but has now decided he would try something closer to home. 

Today I saw him again, this time painting the reverse side of the bridge and it made me realise that there is art in everything we see, it is just our minds that compartmentalise images more readily perhaps than we want them to. 

So I ran back, took a picture of him, said this was for posterity, I can boast that I met the young Dylan Jones, painting on Ithaca Creek. His name of course conjures up something Dylanesque, something totally delicious and creative. In the words of Dylan Thomas " The function of posterity is to look after itself". Asking why he was called Dylan is clearly for another encounter.

So here it is, the bridge, our resident painter en plain air, and his take on what to some may look like a concrete structure. There is art, there is form, and there is uniqueness in everything we see. If you want to explore Dylan's work go to http://www.dylanjonesart.com/cv.html






This blog is dedicated to my ailing but apparently svelte friend Lucy Bolton, another fine painter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)