Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 2 June 2014

Missed Autumn somewhere

Yesterday was the first day of winter in Australia. I am sitting at my desk, the sun is streaming into my window, I am wearing shorts and a sleeveless top and I want to know where did autumn go ?

There are some worrying trends that temperatures generally around the continent are a little higher than expected and some attribute it to the El Nino effect. They happen every eight to ten years and there is one on the way as rising temperatures already indicate. Others point to the more threatening effects of climate change and to the man made long term implications of rising temperatures.

Of course I am concerned, more for my children and theirs in the years to come but I am also able to live in the moment- something that taking a course on Mindfulness has encouraged me to do and which my late, observant elder sister was particularly good at.

So I am mindful of the moment I walk up to the bus stop and along the way I come across these colours. Autumnal perhaps, warming without doubt, reassuring in their certainty that next year they might also appear or is that where we tread an uncertain line ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)