Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 1 August 2011

Slut walks and walking tall

Delhi has just experienced its first ever Slut walk. Just saying it is distasteful in my mouth and I really cannot imagine why oh why anyone could have happily attached such an awful name to such a good cause. But that is just me and perhaps we need to get beyond the names to see the real essence and appreciate the urgent need in this country for equality in the sexes and education of the way men in particular behave towards women in society. I have blogged about the incidence of rape here - it is APPALLING and any moves to educate and eliminate unacceptable behaviour can only be a welcome step in the right direction.
This event happened on the same day that I saw a small but not insignificant announcement in the Delhi Times Matrimonial section. I am sure most of you are familiar with the many convoluted messages posted looking for suitable brides and bridegrooms. This one however was special
In Red Letters---------HIV POSITIVE

1982 born, HIV + Engineer, Punjabi, 5' 8'' No health problem, seeks reputed family, qualified girl. Contact
Tel no ..................

I find that so refreshing.Just saying it the way it is and looking to a better future as he and every other HIV+ is entitled to. Change is indeed on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)