Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 19 September 2009

Where is the Beef ...



well last weekend my good friend from South America must have rounded up all the beef there was to be had in the whole of Delhi. She was celebrating her birthday and like all good South Americans having a meat feast is all important.So she went out in search of it and my goodness did she hit the jackpot. She calculated how much she might need and reckoned on about 30 lbs but when she came to order it over the phone, perhaps in the excitement of the impending party she ordered 30 kilos. There was beef in every single compartment of her fridge freezer and various associated ones around the houses. We ate as if it was the last supper or definitely the last lunch and the more active ones like C and A cycled home while I sat in the back of a car and bemoaned the moment I said that I had missed the beef. This is the expatriate life ....

1 comment:

Leave a comment :)