Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 September 2009

.........and hot in the kitchen


Here is Parmesan and his side kick Cool Kumari

The two of them and I have a riot in the kitchen between 5-7 pm.

We use extensive and often hilarious sign language, Parmesan shouts at me in Hindi to make me understand and uses a strange and probably totally unique mixture of what I would call kitchen Hindglish where I manage to catch one word in ten, hence the perfect comprehension. When not shouting at me he sings what sound like hymns in a soft melodic voice.It reminds me of Greek orthodox chanting.Kumari giggles her way through the whole thing while pointing to things and telling me the word in Hindi and then saying with total earnestness "OH MY GOD " when something clatters in the kitchen or Parmesan has dropped too much chili in the dish. She plays with her eyes in such a wonderful flirty way it is a language in itself. The end result, fiery hot meals on a regular basis with a touch of this and that, loads of vegetables and basmati rice, fun and laughter throughout.

2 comments:

  1. You make it all sound so romantic, fun and exciting! I want to be in YOUR kitchen! Maybe I need to spend MORE time in the kitchen on our next go-'round with a cook and enjoy the experience more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come any time ! Looking forward to a cookathon !
    Love m

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)