Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 September 2009

The day's surprise

Every day in Delhi has little surprises, some welcome, some bizzare some quite unexpected. Incredible India has a lot in store and today my surprise was a cook who came knocking on my door and who has offered to cook for the family. He arrived on his bike.He has an unpronouncable name beginning with P so for the sake of this blog he will henceforth be known as Parmesan. He is a slim jim, I hope not because of his cooking but more the distances he travels to the various families he cooks for and he sports a slick little moustache, one protruding tooth and what must have been a harelip scar under his moustache. He is off cooking chili chicken which means I can stop setting the kitchen on fire and dedicate more time to this blog. He called me up to ask for something and jabbered away in perfect hindi.With some guess work I handed him vinegar, flour, cornflour and chillies and I am hoping for the best. Dinner will be reviewed in next blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marina,

    Love reading your blog...you are having such an adventure!!!!Miss you.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky, Great to hear from you! How are you all doing - send me news via the regular route.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)