Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 7 September 2020

My Sunday stroll in the heart of Red Hill

Red Hill is one of the oldest suburbs in Brisbane. Its name comes from its steep hills with red soil and rocks - many of which are found in our garden.  

It has some interesting landmarks, the massive Catholic Church of St Brigid's built in 1914, with imposing views of the city below, the Ithaca War Memorial and the Red Hill Pops Theatre which opened in 1912. In 1965 it was converted to a Skate Park which was burnt by fire in 2002. Finally it was resurrected as Red Hill Cinemas which we love as it is a five minute walk up the road from our house. 

Nearby is Zig Zag St made famous by Nick Earl's novel. 

As I zig zag through the streets on this lovely but slightly overcast Sunday afternoon I come across a lot to share with you all. Its houses are delightful and the gardens colourful. Everywhere I go I have reasons to be jolly! 






 

And the perfect little wig wham on the forest floor which will offer some children hours of fun. 


2 comments:

  1. What a marvellous place. Full of colour. Hopefully, one day, in the future I can visit you and you can take me on one of your wonderful walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Catherine, nothing would give me more pleasure. Roll on the opening of the Aussie borders. x M

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)