Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2020

Presenting Doreen and Dennis


Meet Doreen




Meet Doreen, solid and jolly. Bouffant hair favoured hair style. Likes to hang around more. I would hazard a guess here, but clearly the boss.

Meet Dennis 





Meet Dennis, bright and beautiful with blue feathers by his side, slimmer, cheekier. Not much chatting with this guy, in for a feed and off he goes. 

 Doreen and Dennis  


I was so happy to receive so many suggestions for names for my lovely kookaburra couple. So very many. I wrote them all down and went through each one, saying them aloud so I could feel which combination worked for my two gorgeous birds. There were some strong contenders in there. I loved Victoria and Albert and Cackle and Heckle and while I was initially drawn to Ping Pong, isolating Ping from Pong did sound a little smelly.  There were also combos which while worthy I had to discard.Kath and Kim and Thelma and Louise, as I am pretty sure my couple are male and female and these are birds that mate for life. So the winner is Ellen McArthur with Dennis and Doreen. Part Australian inspired, C.J Dennis author, but also part Swiss inspired. A Doreen, solid and dependable, who was part of my life in Geneva and is no longer with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)