Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 22 March 2020

As the Borders and Walls close in ...

I sit between mine on the deck. They are not of concrete, patrolled or barbed. Instead they are snowy and flaky and full and I mean full of the most colourful butterflies and bees having a field day. They are my patrols and they will sting you if you disturb them so they do their job well and this lilly pilly wall is indeed impenetrable by the likes of us humans. They stand profusely tall and scattered on both sides of the deck and now, they are at their most attractive, inviting all to admire and benefit from them. They are of course a tree known to Aboriginals over the years, and their fruit is used to make a form of jam or jelly. Parrots and other wild birds love the fruits as well, which you can see in the last photo here unusually at the same time as the pods and flowers are on the tree.










So within the confines of my bursting borders I am staying home and saying bye to this week. Write and tell me how the week has been for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)