Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 5 January 2019

Lost and Found - Moffat Beach

Spent an idyllic day by the seaside on Moffat beach. I went into the ocean and one of the waves managed to instantly take me, turn me upside down, shake me all around and spew me out by the beach, in what I can only describe as a less then elegant exit. I had sand in every orifice and hair in my mouth. My hair scrunchy had disappeared in the froth.The feeling of being completely powerless to the force of that wave was overwhelming. No messing with this water. Reminds me of the French word which describes that sensation wonderfully : Boulouverser ! What do you do when a wave takes hold of you - Ride another - so in I went again and managed to stay, bobbing happily in the deeper water just beyond the surf. After a while I went for a walk along the beach, and there, hugging the shore line, by a rock pool, was my scrunchy. The year has started out well. Challenging yet invigorating! Lost and found. That feeling of having gained something from nothing. And for you all colours, beautiful ones, by the ocean to share. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)