Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 28 January 2019

Finding Vishu

In one of my first visits to the Literary festival I met a young tuk - tuk drive called Vishu. He dressed like a Bollywood star and looked like one. He stood apart from the other drivers. I have never seen such eyelashes on a man. I wrote an article about him for the Indian Magazine "Culturama" and he proudly kept it in his tuk tuk to show all his passengers.
Sitting in a session this year, there he was in front of me. Is this just a lucky coincidence? Did he seek me out among the thousand of participants?I don't think I will ever know.
Good looking and groomed, his waistcoat the same vibrant colour I remember he wore a couple of years ago.The next day there he was again looking even more the part - yes he is a bit of an enigma.
 I asked him about his life and he is seemingly happy ferrying people back and forth.No partner as yet. There is a comforting familiarity in returning after a two year absence and finding Vishu. 

1 comment:

Leave a comment :)