Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 16 August 2018

Crazy Chooks



I have just done a post about Ekka, the agricultural show that is on every year at this time in Brisbane. This year's highlight for me must be the crazy, mad, bad hair day- good hair day, fancy my feathers poultry group comprising backyard chickens, colloquially known here as "chooks", bantams, cocks, cockerels, turkeys and a variety of breeds, silkies, brahma chickens, polish chickens and lots more feathered friends, the varieties and species being quite expansive, which are all there competing for best of .... award. They were unlike anything I have ever seen.
The Poultry, Birds & Eggs Competition has been running for over 100 years, making it one of Ekka's longest running competitions.











I spent time trying to take some half decent photos as poultry can be skittish, peck- ish, preen- ish, What adjectives would use to describe them ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)