Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 11 January 2018

Suns,sons and bugs.

It has been a whirlwind of a few weeks and I have cooked and prepared many meals in this short time. It has been a non stop, active, sunny time with three grown young men who are challenging, inquisitive and caring. To their credit they are all good cooks but coming home to me has put the focus squarely in my court. We have enjoyed meals on the deck with or without bugs and I don't just mean Moreton ones. We have met friends, explored some of the coast line and the hinterland and seen in the New Year. Two (three in fact as Jamie joined them) are off in their Aussie camper van exploring the East Coast. One leaves to go back to London today, to a granny and a fiancee who wait anxiously to see him and be with him. I will rattle for a while, needing time to fill the void, finding my feet and picking up where I left off nearly a month ago. Letting them go is the biggest gift I can give them, however hard that may be. I surprised myself by waving the boys off in their camper van with an old custom of my mothers. She spilled water on the road before a big journey to wish the travellers a journey as smooth as the flow of water. 






Memorable meals - Moreton bugs with Greek olive oil and garlic sauce
Memorable conversations - Nick's conversation with Vodafone employee who found everything "TOO EASY MATE" - now our family mantra for 2018. 
Memorable present- a bunch of barnacles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)