Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 26 January 2018

Australia Day 2018



We take the pledge and become citizens of this great continent today. Not in a million years would I have thought that my life would lead me to this moment and talking on ABC radio this morning I realised that the wealth and breadth of where and how I lived my life has enabled me to come to Australia and embrace it wholeheartedly. We love what this continent stands for (mostly) and we are happy to be able to share the joys of what Australia offers us.

So in no particular order:

Pristine beaches -not organised- not a sun bed or umbrella to be seen, no men touting them for exorbitant prices. Some reservations about the ocean and what is in it, but hey if we have to swim in between the flags, so be it.

No litter - there are exceptions but every year more people are aware of the importance of leaving the planet cleaner, neater, more natural.

Unparalleled natural beauty and wilderness

Extraordinary Birds which have become our pets

Possums which stomp on our tin roofs at night reminding us to share the passion fruit and avocados with them.

Fishmongers with the best fish I have ever eaten.

Kind and interesting people everywhere- Good Aussie friends.

A love of heritage, even in its relative infancy compared to other parts of the world, and efforts to maintain and preserve it.

A fascinating insight into Aboriginal cultures and history

Love of good food

A society which is caring and committed to doing good. So much on offer for citizens.

Public Art.

Good humour, shorts and thongs.

Abundant sunshine.

My neighbours and my neighbourhood.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)