Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 22 January 2016

Back in India

We are travelling down the main road to Jaipur and I wonder if things have improved. Somehow I seem to think there is less honking and perhaps less cars travelling in the wrong direction when suddenly my eye catches a camel and a cart in the fast lane and then these massive massive loads. The middle intersections of the highway somehow get shifted and cars just cut across in front of you as if to say well have a go and test those brakes. 

We passed Amber Fort just as the light was fading and then the walls of the city came into view, the lake and the palace and the camels which I stopped to have a careful look at , following the advise of my good friend Ashok.




The city is massively disrupted by the building of the metro so if you are wondering if the honking is less and the traffic better, the answer to both is NO. But then this place would not be half as much fun as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)