Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 16 July 2015

Bus stop chats

Bus stop chat 1
I was at the bus stop waiting to catch the bus into town. A young man was also waiting and after a while he asked if the bus went into Queen St Mall, the main shopping area in Brisbane. I said near enough, that is where I am going and I am happy to show you were to get off.
So we travelled into Brisbane and he told me he was down from Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. It was his first ever trip to the city and he could not believe how big the city was. Noosa is very small by comparison. I asked him if he liked living there and he said there wasn't very much there but nature and the sea but that was good enough for him and yes he did surf. He seemed content with his life  but also eager to explore so like a good Brisbanite I showed him the City hall, the Tourist Information centre and where to catch the bus to get home. 
I left him strolling off ready to explore this mega city - his perspective was so different from mine it was wonderful. I love Brisbane for the compact small big city it is and he was exploring it for the mega new city it appeared to be in his eyes.

Moral of the story - always have a chat with people you meet at the bus stop. They will have a completely new take on something firm in your head.


Walking in the park -"Post it" on the railing

"In the world you may be one of many but to one you are the world."


Bus stop chat 2.

Woman rushes over to bus stop. 

I said "Don’t worry you haven’t missed it there is one coming along any minute now." 

"Oh good" she says.

Where are you off to ? she asks 

"I am going to a session on Brisbane's Dark Past at Brisbane Library."

"Oh that is interesting and I would have loved to have come along to that but I am actually going to hear this woman talk about Deadly Australians".

I laugh – "Well isn’t there a lot about this small town that we have to discover!"

Yes she said – "I remember those two lesbians who killed a man and drank his blood."

"What!"– "Is that true?"I say in astonishment.

"Oh yes gruesome stuff and I believe one of the women will be out already."

"I guess it matches the alleged murder committed by Patrick Mayne all those years ago", I add.

"One case of something bad doing a lot of good. He gave the land that the university is built on, to the city."

"Enjoy your deadly Australians" –

"And you the dark past!"


1 comment:

Leave a comment :)