Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 26 September 2014

Kangaroo Paws

I take great delight in surprising some of my readers - perhaps not the Ozzie ones this time as they might have heard of them, but for all you others out there you might wonder why on earth I am writing about kangaroo paws. 
They are the floral symbol of Western Australia and yes they are a plant and not an animal ! 
What I found totally amazing in visiting King's park in Perth was that there was no limit to the colours of kangaroo paws - a veritable fashion show of the paws in their brightly coloured outfits.
They are endemic to WA and are perennials that attract lots of birds. The tubes are coated with dense hair and they are open at the apex with six claw- like structures which has given them the name  "Kangaroo Paw."

Here are some of the many I encountered in the park: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)