Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Out with the blues, roll in the reds

And I am not talking about football colours or clubs but the fact that Brisbane is an unfolding panorama of colours and one worth talking about. Sometime ago I showed you the beautiful Jacaranda in my garden. Most of them had flowered slightly early due to some unseasonably warm weather. A couple of storms and the roads are a carpet of blue. I look up in the sky I can see thick fleshy green buds just bursting to take over.
The reds are rolling in, almost as a precursor to the Xmas season that is just beginning, to decorate the city with vibrancy and vitality. The Poinsianas flower throughout the month of November and streets, valleys and riverside are splashed like canvases with this shock of red. They are trees from Madagascar and they take a long time to mature and flower but when they do this its worth waiting for. There are other trees and shrubs that add to this spectacular array of reds in the city. 
Red Pea ?
Bottle brush 
 
 Poinsiana 
 And the view from my deck with a pink flowering frangipani in the foreground and the Poinsiana coming out behind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)