Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 3 November 2013

Listening in ......

Obama and Merkel seem to to do it and apparently OZ too,  so I thought I would take a crack at it too.
On the bus going home I take a seat and behind me are two elderly gentlemen who have just met each other. Lets call them Bill and for the sake of the rhyme, Ben.This is their conversation, made me smile.

Hello Bill - what are you doing here ?

Just got off the plane from London and I am on my way home.

You are looking well mate, been anywhere nice ?

Oh yea look mate we flew to Barcelona and had a few days there, then we went on a cruise on the Rhine, then we went to Amsterdam and Louise spent all her time in the museums and I spent mine at the brothels and bars. It was fun.

Then we went to London and spent a few days there and toured around, hired a car and all that and saw some of the sights. Horrible food, but the sights were great and now we are back.

So how have you been ?

Well I guess I am well though the night before we went one of my ex- wives died. She wasn't old or anything like that about 67 and she just died. There was nothing I could do, I was on the plane then.

Oh I am sorry to hear that mate but I guess we all have to go sometime.

And did you hear about the storms in Europe ?

Yea mate, killed 13 people they did, trees flying around everywhere.

Yea dreadful. Anyway we are back now, safe and sound.Nothing ever happens here !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)