Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 4 January 2013

Silk routes

The new year now is now upon us and I would like to believe it is full of hope and happiness and all that is special around us. Living in India you come across beauty every single day and perhaps nothing is finer and more beautiful then wonderful sheens of silk. 

So today with my wishes to you all I want to share a wonderful visit I had to the Ramanagar Cocoon Market which made me think of Indian History and silk routes and how much I love the material. I was reminded of the remarkable process of the silkworm forming these delicate beautiful cocoons.In this market I saw the sheer volume of this industry but also noted the variations in the colour and size of the cocoon which to the expert signify quality and price. To me it was unlike anything else I had ever seen and I picked up and held a cocoon and marvelled at the delicacy of the threads and the colours.









4 comments:

Leave a comment :)