Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Getting Hot ?

Stop and sip a nimbu pani and crunch on a kakari. 
These Indian cucumbers are unlike ones I have ever seen and it takes an small act of faith to try them - but I have no hesitation in recommending them. Small, twirling and bright green they are cracking and crunchy with some rock salt and even lime. Try them. Er rinse in some clean water first.

And when you have had enough well curl up and have a sleep


Delhi meteo says heat wave on its wave - 40 C today and getting hotter. Keep crunchy cool.

5 comments:

  1. Scares me to think if April is like this what'll happen in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scares me more than you let me tell you and I come from a hot country ! MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh How I used to munch on those kakris, thanks for those pictures, brought a lot of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed them Sandhya. MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK MM ... I'll try them! We've been debating it the last couple of days ... they look yummy with that salt!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)