Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 3 January 2010

The sweetest moment

I bought a pair of flip flops from a lovely old man in Goa who sat surrounded by hundreds of pairs. That night I wore them and on my way to the beach I stopped to show him. We both smiled but what made me just melt away was there in the middle of the wooden floor of the beach hut was an angelic baby, his grandchild, barely a few months old wearing a bobble cap and covered neatly with a grubby but lovingly arranged cloth.
The baby was lying on its back with its arms by its head and its little fingers all relaxed.

It was the vision of loveliness, of innocence and abandon, a baby Jesus.

On top of it, protecting it from all sides, a netted food cover.Priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)