Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 14 January 2010

Shoppers Stop

I went to Shoppers’ Stop in Saket, MGF Mall today in search of something very specific. It is shiny and sleek and full of bright lights, great displays, no shoppers and loads of staff.


I found what I was looking for.Two items.


The girl wrote their codes on a handwritten receipt and asked me to go to the till.


Off I went.


At the till a young man looked at the receipt and tried to put the information into the till.


He was unable to do so. So he went to her and picked up the goods and tried to scan them into the till. The scanning did not work so he then tried to input the coding of the products into the till. This did not work either so he went and asked her for two other products and then finally inputed the information of the other products into the till.


Now why could I have not gone to the till and paid directly you just have to ask???


A bill finally.


I paid instantly and waited a little more.


A till receipt was issued and I went with that one and the handwritten one to the girl who looked at both, kept one and gave me the products.


I attempted to walk out but at the door I was stopped.


A security guard had to check the receipt in the bag against the products, which he failed to do and then stamp the receipt one final time. What should have taken 5 minutes took 25.


SHOPPERS STOP – you bet – Oh my,what an irony in the name!!

10 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Next time, try the one in Andrews Ganj. Hopefully, they should have better service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just giggling!!! Seriously :)

    Am still waiting for ONE market or ONE grocery to open at say, 9:00 so I can get my errands done BEFORE school pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sure it is noe off...i always have great expereince at Shoppers Stop...superb products and superb service :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe its just a rare incident, I usually have no problems with Shoppers Stop, when i visit at Andheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally whenever i have been to Shoppers Stop its been a pleasant experience, maybe it must be because of new staff or something.. or just one off case.. at the store

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever i been to Shoppers Stop the experience have been good,infact that is the place where i personally have experienced where you shop with satification

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe the staff was new..but overall they have excellent service

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes technology just doesnt go as we want it to go. Artifical intelligence and telepathy as a long way to go to become real, sometimes tech fails, sometimes there is a human error. All can be forgiven, which is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ms Marina,

    This is Rachna ( Department Manager, ShoppersStop Saket). At the very outset firstly let me thank u for visiting ShoppersStop & giving your valauable input. At the same time we apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you. We would need your contact details so that we can reach you & help to serve you better.

    Thanks & Regards

    Rachna
    Ph- 011-46098300

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very impressed to have been contacted by you as this really shows you want to give a good service to your customers. So my promise to you is that I will come again and give it another go. MM

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)