Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 August 2009

school

Good to hear that I am readable and accesible. Even more delighted that Charlie took time out of his busy day to post a comment.He must have missed the home cooking though I suspect with so many wonderful restaurants to chose from even in his high street maybe it was the company and not the cooking he missed.
We headed out at 800 am this morning for Ant's first full day. The pavements in spite the lack of sophisticated machinery are immaculate, swept and clean. The roads broad and leafy, we are travelling towards the diplomatic enclave which houses many schools and embassies.Local children in freshly pressed uniforms and combed hair are deposited at the school gates by attendant mothers or loyal ayas. A little different at the American Embassy School where drivers deposit children in the latest get ups and fashions. A chasm doubtlessly but one which is bridged by their mutual capacities to learn and grow.
At the school an air of friendship and openness and a melange as you may have never seen before. I sat with a Colombian from the island of Saint Andreas who had african american in her and was married to a Belgian and by her side a British woman whose ancentry hails from Yemen who is married to an Italian but brought up in old Rhodesia and whose family story and history merits a film script without any embellishment or refinement.I loved listening to them.

2 comments:

  1. Marina I enjoy reading your comments. In fact it made me look at my blog which I completely neglected, I shall start writing again, its marangou.blogspot.com
    Love,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    glad to hear all well, what is the teaching like?!! Has he made some good friends?

    celia
    PS enjoyed the traffic rendition!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)