Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Connectivity


Connectivity

So how did we survive all those years back in Africa and other far off destinations? Here am I in this tropical paradise surrounded by hundreds of birds, chipmunks and monkeys and I have been Antsy ( superb word introduced to me by Catherine) because I did not have instant access to the outside world. We have become so used to it and so dependant on it, it is almost frightening and I understand that in parts of China computer addiction is being recognized and treated as yet another ailment of the modern world.
I am so grateful for the gang of men who came and in broken English explained how they were going to build a mast and set it up at the back of our garden and then connect us to the outside world. I was hopeful but also a little doubtful.They worked hard but also sat around a lot. Maybe they were hot and fed up like I was occasionally and it seemed to take forever but here I am online and deliriously happy about it and this is a picture of what it took. At one point there was one on the mast, one in the tree and one on the roof. They climbed with an incredible agility and seemed to be unconcerned at the possibility of falling or having an accident.The mast may not be the greenest thing around but it is already offering perches to lots of passing birds. It all went exceedingly well and we are wonderfully WIFI.Occasional hiccups, monsoons and tropical storms expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)