Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2023

The inevitability of Covid


It's been an interesting start to the new year. After a lovely NYE with George at one of our favourite seafood restaurants I got home feeling a tickle in my throat. The 1st was lovely as we walked in nature but by the evening I was feverish, coughing and feeling nauseous. Then came the strong headaches. Two days in and a rat test confirmed it was Covid. My days in isolation go from feeling sick as a dog (where does that expression come from ?) to feeling ok after much paracetamol and soluble aspirin. 

After a bad night when I thought my head might explode I decided it was best to seek advice - do I qualify for antivirals? I booked a tele- consultation with my GP practice. The GP took a thorough history and proclaimed me too young and healthy for antivirals. Well, rarely does a consultation with a negative outcome lead to such a heartening message. I felt quite buoyed by it so determined to make this virus vanish resolutely out of my body, slowly but surely. 

Hubby down too - G last man standing - he cooks dinner, makes me cups of tea - he savours the quiet days and the loveliness around him. He needs for nothing more. 

I am confident that I will get better but let no one ignore this appalling virus and the illness and death it has brought to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)