Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2022

Connectivity

Today I went to my local Greek shop to get some jumbo kalamata olives for the Xmas Party. It is staffed by some great women who are very helpful. I wanted something special so I approached a Chinese lady who was stocking the shelf. She could not speak English but that did not deter her, she whipped out her phone and encouraged me to speak into it, which I did and she instantly heard the Chinese translation and directed me correctly to the shelf where I found what I was looking for. I thanked her and smiled. Wow - 

I went to the till and the woman asked where I was from and I said I was Greek Cypriot - she said she was too, mother from Rhodes and father from Cyprus, a little village in the Famagusta area called Milia which is Turkish Occupied. I told her about my family in Famagusta and we bonded in some corner of West End in Oz.  

In Oz you often find big hunky cars decorated with tinsel -Its all about the seafood and the beers now. 


Two tales for today or is that three ?! 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Best Greek deli in town M.
    Here’s a thing - First blog I’ve ever read. Ever!🌼
    M.M is corrupting me. Help!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)