Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Thanks everyone and he did it again.

A Monday unlike others, so thank you everyone who sent FB greetings, cards, flowers, voice messages and calls which made the celebration extra special. The day, which rolled out simply, was filled with much cheer with favourite birds, feathered and otherwise, who came to share some of it with me. It could not have been a sweeter and better celebration. Dougall's family came to my door and sung for me and all made cards ( look at the one below). We sipped bubbly on a sun filled deck nibbling cheese sticks while the birds feasted on their sunflower seeds. A joint celebration fit for any self respecting bird-woman.

The first rose in the garden appeared just in time for the day ! 

He did it again - he managed to surprise me on my Birthday and that is no small feat. He took me off to a strange place in Chapel Hill and as we were getting close my curiosity increased. What could it be ? What had he found? Where was he taking me ? 

Well here it is my Birthday present for 2020. My own hive of stingless native bees courtesy of a lovely man called Tony who seemed to live among boxes and bits and pieces all happily co existing within his untidy yard. Sitting in a corner was my very own little beehive complete with roof and a busy colony of bees buzzing inside. The good news is that these are stingless native bees, much smaller than European honey bees but just as wonderful and busy. 




7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your Blogs.
    Did you take your 🐝 home?
    Much Love Marie-Claude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the photo is of them in our front garden now. This is their new little home. How are you Marie Claude - hope all well with you and the family. Much love to you all x M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest birthday to u for yesterday! We realised you and my oldest brother have the same birthdays :) how cute! Excited to meet u eventually when all these redirections lift but for now, loving your blog. Nick and I have had a look at your posts here and there, love them 💓 😚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it came through this he account my sister and I have together. It’s Amor :) in case u didn’t guess hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amor how wonderful to have your wishes and comments - thank you so much. The blog is something I hold very dear - started all the way back in India and I just love sharing good photos and good stories. Do drop in from time to time as I would love to hear from you. Looking forward to those borders opening soon ... till then, much love, stay safe and have fun x M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naw you’re so sweet! Loving your beautiful blog and will absolutely keep dropping in every now and then. Looking very forward to the borders opening as well so I finally get to meet you and see your beautiful home in Brisbane, have heard so many stories and seen so many photos :) Nick and I are going to my parents this weekend in Port Macquarie. Will be sure for him to send you some pics. Lots of love and fingers crossed see u soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful time, Amor and Nick !! Lots of love x M

      Delete

Leave a comment :)