Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 3 July 2020

Fences and Feelings



Off to Wesley Hospital today for my bi annual mammogram. I think we are all a bit worried about heading into hospitals or GP surgeries but everything was perfectly organised, so if you are hesitating don't be, its important to do all your screenings as they become due.  My temperature taken, my position in the queue just in the right spot, the waiting room rearranged with enough distance between all the women waiting but oh no, oh no, NO Magazines. So for a person who relies on yearly trips to dentists and doctors to get my share of gossip, this felt like a real deprivation. Will have to find another voyeuristic pastime into other people's lives. Looking over my neighbour's fence?
The Aussie tradition of Xmas in July- Nature offering the perfect candelabra 
 A million tiny hearts reaching for the very top. 
As the paint peels away it comes alive with the garden. 
 The amazing layers of a tea tree oil tree - melaleuca to you and me. 

Mammo all done and ticked off. So I decided to walk home, a distance of some 8 kms. I didn't have my four legged friend with me today and I have to say I missed him, but it meant I could take it at a different pace. I stopped and photographed some lovely fences for you and quickly looked over! Popped into the nursery to find some special bee- loving plants and had a chat with the young man who was keen to find me all the information I needed. I saw what fresh pasta Nona' Pasta place was producing this week and stopped to browse at the local deli. I ambled along at what can only be called a sloth's rate. I could feel the sun warming my whole body, I was walking through the burbs with majestic trees all around, beautiful gardens to gaze into and skies that stretched for ever. It was utterly splendiferous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)