Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 24 July 2020

Back at the Radio Station

This week was the first week I was back at the Radio Station. 4RPH is the only Reading Radio station in Brisbane. There are similar Reading Radio Stations all over Australia and they are largely community run radio stations.

Elaborate but necessary regulations were in place to register digitally, wipe down the benches and cover the mikes with replaceable and washable tops. All reading had to be done from tablets.The end to all paper subscriptions. A good thing. I was there with a lovely colleague and we have been doing the morning shift for a fair while but this morning we were finding it difficult to find our place or more accurately keep it from disappearing before our very eyes as wandering fingers triggered full screens or no screens, half the text or a shaded one. There were some long pauses, some bloopers, a few hiccups but we managed it and had a good laugh at the end - my mother used to say learning and unlearning are next to one another. Well we have some learning to redo but it was good to be back there.

I had a choice going home. I could take the bus. I was equipped with mask and sanitiser if needed.
Or I could walk. I chose to walk in the sunshine. And on the way a bounty of the most amazing bromeliads and crazy coloured plants, pools of water nestled in their centres nurturing their very existence. 





 Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe and don't drop your guard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)