Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 December 2019

The Enchanted Garden

Do you have that special memory of childhood when your parents or someone dear to you introduced you to something new which stayed with you for your entire life? I certainly do, and I would want every child on this planet to have similar experiences. Brisbane City has gone the extra mile and has created the most magical experience in Roma Street Parklands, an inner city park which I have written about before, as it is so central and offer so much. 
They have taken the existing garden and its pathways and lit it up in the days leading up to Christmas.The garden is open from 29th Nov to 13th Dec from 600 pm to 9.30 pm.  They have called it the Enchanted Garden and I went along with my friend Linda Zupancic, who is visiting Brisbane to see what was on offer. Everywhere we looked there were wide eyed children taking in the spectacle and enjoying the experience. Truth be told, the grown ups were just as excited and so I share with you some of the photos of our walk in the Enchanted Garden which once again is an initiative of the City and FREE for all. Bravo Brisbane. I love being a resident in this beautiful, caring, sharing community. 






 My take home conversation was hearing a mum say to her little boy -"Isnt this beautiful and he answered "Yes mum its beautiful but I cant see the fairies mum- where are they?"

1 comment:

Leave a comment :)