Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 27 September 2019

These are the real Kings and Queens.

I dont need many reasons for days to be good - Here is why yesterday was fabulous. I had a Royal Visit. 
Its been several years since they last came by. I heard their gentler chirp from the kitchen. It was not the shrill shriek of the lorikeets who can be crowned most colourful but also most noisy. These King Parrots are a different level of beauty and calm. 
A pair came- the man is bright red, the female a gentler paler green. They came to feed and to be curious and friendly. They flitted about on the deck with me for a good while. I sat with them the whole time they wanted to be there. I hope they come again. 


Look at the exquisite colours on his back and the patterns underneath. 


With my jacaranda as his backdrop which is adding the only colour to the grey twigs.


 Having a good feed and drink. 


Blending seamlessly into the foliage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)