Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 23 March 2019

This Week

Was like many others, but unless I record how much I saw, it is likely I will not remember it.
So in this past week, apart from my usual lorikeets, cockatoos and grey butcher birds I came across some scaly lorikeets - beautiful flashes of lime green in the eucalyptus forest nearby.The pink galahs had come out after the rain and were busy collecting grubs from the ground.  The full moon, super or not, shone onto the lines outside the house and there perched was a frogmouth. Sadly almost impossible to photograph well. Then came the brush tail with a baby on its back one night, making me very happy that the neighbourhood was growing, and the following night a ring tail possum and a brush tail both on the same tree. Could they see each other, were they sizing each other up? I am not sure and could not tell but a little later in the evening this cute face appeared in the lilly pilly next to the deck. 





2 comments:

Leave a comment :)