Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 February 2019

More on Vanilla Gift Cards - we are not alone

So when you look you find - over 600 complaints on these cards on a Consumer Site.
I have lodged an inquiry with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
I am currently looking at where I can complain about it to VISA - maybe they conveniently don't have a complaints section.

Here is a smorgasbord of complaints :

"I have a Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard that I added $360 CASH to. I bought a plane ticket and paid for 2 hotel rooms. When I tried to use the card again, it was declined. I found about about the 20% hold after the fact. So I was NOT going to pay another #3.95 to add more $, so I decided to withdraw the money. I AM UNABLE TO USE THE DEBIT FUNCTION, ONLY CREDIT. The card has been repeatedly declined for every debit transaction. I spent an hour on the phone, with no results. I have also been told that the money on hold will be release on March 16, 2019... In a month. I am also awaiting a refund from one hotel and they said it would take about 10 days. This card is a scam and a nightmare. The world needs to boycott this card and the government needs to BAN ALL VANILLA CARDS!"

"Was given the Visa Vanilla $100 card as a gift a couple of years ago and forgot about it - found and was very happy that was within the expiry date and I had $100 to spend - free money! Looked at the balance online and it was down to $22.50, because I didn't use within the first 6 months, Visa has been charging $2.50 maintenance fee EVERY MONTH! Called Visa and nothing can be done about it obviously. Absolutely ridiculous! What is even the point of having this card?"

"The card expires on March 22, but we just checked the balance and $2.50 has been taken off the balance for the past 8 months! I've just seen the tiny mouse type on the back of the card which does say $2.50/month will be deducted from the balance after the first seven months from issue. It's so small, it's literally barely legible. Why do they take money from the balance? This is daylight robbery. I would NOT buy this card again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)