Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 29 July 2018

Straddie Island's lines.

Off to the beautiful Stradbroke Island just a short distance from the mainland by ferry. Pristine beaches and bushland. Today I am taken by the lines I see on my lens. Grassy outcrop on a undulating ocean. The line of rock, grass, sea in full vision where every wave which towered up was full - and I mean full of mullet. Momentary sighting until the wave crested. A bounty for the keen fishermen. 


Just a little further inland on the rocks, another line, this time an inland teeming reef, hidden away, so I bend to see a small pool of water brimming with tiny fish, seaweed and little blue algae bubbles.  




On this beach, the lines contrasting sand, sea and sky disturbed only by a pelican floating in the shallows.


Lines vertical or horizontal that catch the eye.Barnacled poles reaching out of the ocean to touch the rust-sky.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)