Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 9 March 2018

You have been warned !

And here it is in true Greek colours - my trolley. Bought on the sly yesterday in town from a discount shop. Boys thought I needed a better quality one, but why I asked them ? The cover of this one is just as good for carrots and spuds as any other and if it breaks well again it means I am shopping way beyond my carrying capabilities.
The joy of wandering around town and popping things into my trolley was palpable. I was grinning to myself and felt a sense of liberation and flightiness. Warranted you might ask ? For me 100 %. The girl at the check out counter confirmed what I had known all along - "straight into your trolley then?" "Yes Please" I said delighted that it was also a way of saving the planet.

At the bus stop I had spotted the most amazing hat on a man so abandoning trolley briefly, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if I could take a photo. He was happy to oblige and you have already admired its many facets which he described to me in great detail while we were waiting for the bus.Reconnecting to my trolley I wheeled it onto the bus and sat snuggly up against it in my seat.

Home today with the feeling of the hours and the shopping opportunities stretching out before me at my leisure, when all of a sudden the next best thing pops into my email - YES there is now officially a cinema festival for the YOUNG AT HEART aka those who are on a "Golden Age" pass to the cinema. My instant reaction was one of sheer disbelief but the prices are attractive, the choice of films  desirable for this demographic and the thrill of being looked after even in this category admirable from an Aussie point of view.

Now will I be smuggling several bottles of sauv blanc into my shopping trolley to share with my oldies at the cinema - that is the question !  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)