Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2018

Rain is to Fungi...

...as BP is to cakes - a popping agent and out they come. We have had an unusual amount of rain in Brisbane and in Queensland generally, in February, and it is with some delight that I walk and watch them popping  up but not all are as gaily coloured as these lovely balls which we saw on our walk around Enogerra Dam. And I ask myself there is no food colouring down there so what makes them pop so brightly when they appear almost instantaneously above the ground? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)