Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Are you NIPPY or a JOLLY ?



As the Economist put it are we the new GERIACTIVES, The SUNSETTERS or NIGHTCAPPERS ? How about the NYPPIES- not yet past it ! Or the more expressive OWLS- older working less, still earning. There are more descriptive terms, which is an indication of the heightened interest in finding the right description for this new group of luvs. One family called them the HOPSKIS : Healthy Old People Spending Kids Inheritance. Another group remembers calling them WOOPIES Well off older people, or JOLLIES Jolly old ladies with lots of loot which I love. Finally the rather deadpan INDY-
 I am not dead yet.

Reaching that magical 60 is almost the stuff of dreams - my dreams from which I havent quite woken up from of being 16 and on a long beach in Famagusta or 21 and graduating from University and pursuing law until that day when my father's departure released me into another world. A world which was a little uncertain and wholly unfamiliar and one which to this day remains full of surprise and wonder. Wonder at where I have lived and what I have survived, wonder at the three wonderful sons who have made it to adulthood in spite of the tribulations, vaccinations, linguistic challenges and strange foods. Finally perhaps but by no means least a lasting respect for a companion whose work and principles and a perpetual quest for knowledge are what persuaded me to follow him to the end of earth, guessing, learning and evolving. Today 31 years married and a mere 42 since we met. More to come in this geriactive state.

So dear friends which is the term which you identify with and why ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)