Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 4 August 2016

NO I did not paint this.

This morning on my run, my eye caught something on the ground. I ran past it, thinking it was a sweet wrapper or some tinsel and then stopped short. Did my eyes deceive me? So I went back and had another look. And this is what I found.

My run ended there and I carefully placed her in the palm of my left hand and plucked a leaf for her to sit on and started walking home. Except when I was almost at home I opened my palm and she was no longer there. I felt so upset that I re traced my steps. Sadly I did not find her and felt gutted that I could have shared this with you but now it was not to be. So I walked up to the house and took the keys out of my right pocket - and there she was, as if by a miracle. I almost cried for joy. I took her home and carefully placed her on her leaf. Except she didn't move and I thought I had killed her accidentally in my pocket. How she got there I do not know. I was mortified that I had caused the death of something so beautiful and the joy was whipped from under me. So I left her on the leaf, warming in the sunshine. I went back a few minutes ago to find that once more she has surprised me and there is life in this little bug. I guess she was asking to be left alone. So I enjoyed her grip on my fingers for a while and released her into the garden where I hope she will happily stay. 

Such a roller coaster of emotions from such a small creature. 

For those who want facts this is  Mrs Tectocoris diophthalmus aka the Hibiscus Harlequin Bug. 
Appropriately named wouldn't you say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)