Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 May 2016

Bus stop Conversations

A man with a sun hat and a checkered shirt sat next to me on the bus. He was an older man with sun burnt skin, a white moustache and a pale complexion.

He had on his lap a bag and within a minute of sitting down he pulled out a big picture of an attractive Asian girl and showed it to me.

"Thats my wife when she married me. I wanted to remind her what she looked like when she married me so I found this picture and had it blown up."

"Oh she will like that I am sure", I said ( Why does she need to be reminded what she looked like and I wonder what the poor woman looks like now? )

"She is Philippino. You know they are all bossy them lot. They want to rule the roost".

"So does she?" I asked

No reply but I did notice he was wearing a hearing aid in one ear.

He was very happy talking to me. I dont think he cared one bit what I said.

"Yes", he continued gaily,"she is the fourth wife."

"Good lord" I said "you have been busy".

"Oh yes the Good lord had little to do with it but I am Catholic and so are they. My first wife died. My second wife is 60 now and I would love to see what she looks like. My third wife married me for my passport and left me within a year, she was Philippino so I had to be a bit more careful with this one."

"So I said are you going for the fifth?"

"No I think I will stop here."

You know over there they have a lot of children, but also married men have mistresses. I dont know how they reconcile them with their Catholic religion. I told her we are having only one child and that is it.

"She is 28 years younger than me."

"Let me tell you a couple of jokes"

 One was about the catholic church, one about Italians and one I forget. They were pretty awful but he liked them and we laughed together.

 As I was getting off the bus he said  "Feel free to use them" and waved goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)