Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Look up, look down

Walking along the pavement on a Sunday morning I came across this which for reasons unknown moved me greatly. To start with I wasn't sure what I had seen, so I bent down to get a better look and there firmly embedded in the pavement was a "fossil" flower. Yes, I know, I have been watching too much Attenborough, but isn't this just delightful. It reminded me of the inlay work at the Taj Mahal and let me show you what I mean. You can see the light through it, the delicate fronds inside the flower which now lies on the a slab of concrete. Made my day.



One of the Taj inlays of flowers in precious and semi precious stone. This one taken by Alexander Lamont. 


1 comment:

Leave a comment :)